I searched out and began chronicling the elaborations of the tales of the extraordinary personages of these regions, which are pleasant for minds and intellects and the narrations that gratify the hearing of those who would listen.
I walked carefully under the leaves of these narratives realizing that no one before me had sauntered under its cool shade. I learned much from the light of these histories and fulfilled my desires in it, although I was obstructed by obligations, compressed time and heavy responsibilities.
Then it occurred to me after much seeking Allah’s direction to make endeavors towards the objective of recording this history so that Allah would benefit me by means of it and those among the Muslims who came across it.
I ask Allah for His assistance in writing it, revising it and arranging it and I ask for His success in completing it. He is the best of helpers. I have named it: Easy Expenditure Regarding the History of the Lands of Takruur.
- (Chapter 1) On the Meaning of the Name Takrur
- (Chapter 2) The Boundaries of the Lands of Takrur
- (Chapter 3) On a Biography of the Scholars of Baghirma
- (Chapter 4) On a Description of Bornu
- (Chapter 5) On the Scholars of the Land of Bornu
- (Chapter 7) On the Land of Hausa
- (Chapter 8) On the Seven Hausa Kingdoms
- (Chapter 9) On a Biography of the Scholars of Hausaland
- (Chapter 10) On the Biography of Shehu Uthman ibn Fuduye’
- (Chapter 11) On the Noble Virtues of the Shehu
- (Chapter 12) On the Essence of the Teachings of the Shehu
- (Chapter 13) On how the Shehu Began His Lectures
- (Chapter 14) On what the Shehu Mentioned on the Science of Tawheed
- (Chapter 15) On what the Shehu Mentioned Concerning Jurisprudence
- (Chapter 16) On what the Shehu Mentioned on the Science of Spiritual Purification
- (Chapter 17) On what the Shehu Mentioned Concerning the Verse which Incite Terror
- (Chapter 18) On what the Shehu Mentioned Concerning which Incite Yearning
- (Chapter 19) On the Conclusion and what the Shehu Discussed in His Lectures
- (Chapter 20) On the Improvement of the Affairs of the Shehu
- (Chapter 21) On Mentioning the Battle of Konni
- (Chapter 22) On Mentioning the Battle of Tabkin Kwotto
- (Chapter 23) On the Conclusion of the News Regarding the Battle of Tabkin Kwotto
- (Chapter 24) On Mentioning the Search for Enemies After the Victory…
- (Chapter 25) On Mentioning the Battle of Mani
- (Chapter 26) On the Conclusion of the News Regarding our Residing in Gudu
- (Chapter 27) On Mentioning the Reports of the Return of the Shehu
- (Chapter 28) On Mentioning the Second Battle of Dan Ghidda
- (Chapter 29) On Mentioning the Battle of Buuri