The Abundant Downpour
This is an abridgment of the Ghayth’l-Wable of Sultan Muhmmad Bello that encompasses the rights of the ruler (as-Sultan) upon the subjects (ar-ra`iya), such as obedience to him and giving sincere advice to him.
It also comprises what is obligatory upon him with regard to the subjects like –
- Protecting the territories of Islam (baydat’l-islam);
- Defending the people of Iman;
- Preserving the religion;
- Establishing the ceremonial rites of Islam;
- Rendering the decisions for the judiciary;
- Collecting the zakat; formulating of the public treasury;
- Expending it in its proper dispensation of the shari`a;
- Establishing the punitive punishments of the shari`a;
- Examining the good deeds for the benefit of common citizenry;
- Establishing the jihad;
- Instituting the spoils of war (al-ghana’im) and extracting the fifth (al-khums);
- Justice and equity in his government.